ABOUT THE SHOW
Long time friend of the podcast, Mark Ashmore comes back on the show to share how the practice of chanting mantra and kirtan can bring us into resonance with the heart. Mark has been practicing and leading kirtan throughout Australia for many years, and has recently recorded a new album, Heartlight. I’ve had his album on repeat in the background while I work, and his first single, Ganesha brought me to tears.
If you’ve been struggling with the intensity and heaviness of these times, tune in to Heartlight on spotify to be wrapped up in a warm blanket of joy and love.
FIND MARK ASHMORE
- A definition of kirtan
- The difference between mantra and kirtan
- The vulnerability of using your voice
- Kirtan and Bhakti Yoga
- Why pronouncing the mantra correctly may be more important than knowing what it means
- The process of creating “HeartLight”, Marks recent kirtan album
- Marketing & distributing an album
- Working with deities in kirtan
- Why following “the juice” can lead to a fruitful personal practice
- The question of “what is prayer”?