ABOUT THE SHOW
I probably don’t have to introduce my guest this week, Trina Altman - she teaches regularly for Yoga International, pre-covid she traveled and taught workshops & trainings world wide, and now runs a successful online yoga & pilates education business.
However, today’s interview is a little bit different - Trina generously agreed to take us behind the scenes in her business, to answer the question “How Did You Do It?” I asked Trina big questions like what she was doing before she became a yoga teacher, where her revenue comes from and how she built up a community around her work. And Trina shares with candor, humor and a passion for her work.
ABOUT TRINA ALTMAN
Trina Altman, A.B., NCPT, received her training through STOTT PILATES® and is an E-RYT 500, YACEP®. She’s the creator of Yoga Deconstructed® and Pilates Deconstructed®, which take an interdisciplinary approach to foster an embodied understanding of yoga and Pilates and their relationship to modern movement science. Trina has presented at Kripalu, the Yoga Alliance Leadership Conference and Momentum Fest, among others. She also created and taught a Pilates continuing-education course for physical therapists and was part of the faculty for the Brain Longevity conference at UCLA.
Trina was a finalist in the Next Pilates Anytime Instructor competition in 2017. Her work has been published in Yoga Journal, Yoga International, and Pilates Style magazine and her classes have been featured on Yoga International and Yoga Anytime. She also consulted for Equinox to help develop their signature program Best Stretch Ever, which utilizes the mobility stick to improve functional range of motion, body awareness, and total body strength. Her book, Yoga Deconstructed®: Movement Science Principles For Teaching is slated to be published by Handspring Publishing in December of 2020.
- The vision behind yoga deconstructed
- Trina’s career path before she became a yoga & pilates teacher
- What the early days of Trina’s teaching career looked like
- Trina’s current business model & revenue streams
- How Trina’s work has been impacted by covid-19, and what saved her
- How Trina went from teaching in a hair salon to working for Yoga International
- Why Trina really enjoys marketing & selling
- How Trina deals with “the haters” and receiving negative feedback