ABOUT THE SHOW
Sally Kempton is one of my yoga heroes. I found her work at a time in my practice life where I felt stunted, and a bit lost. I was hungry for something that wasn’t on offer to me, at least not in the yoga circles that I found myself in. I wanted to meet a teacher who had depth, experience and as my friends and I say, is the “real deal”.
Sally Kempton is that teacher. And while I have yet to study with her in person, her book Awakening Shakti, and audio program Doorways To The Infinite had a profoundly impactful presence on my personal practice & teaching life. So it is with great joy, that I bring you my conversation with Sally Kempton.
ABOUT SALLY KEMPTON
Sally Kempton is a powerful teacher of applied spiritual wisdom, known for her capacity to kindle meditative states in others and help students work with meditative experience as a framework for practical life-change. She teaches teleclasses, retreats, and workshops, and is on the faculty at Esalen and Kripalu. Sally is the author of the best-selling book, Awakening Shakti: The Transformative Power of the Yoga Goddesses and Meditation for the Love of It, which Spirituality and Health magazine called “The meditation book your heart wants you to read.” Her audio program, Doorways to the Infinite: The Art and Practice of Tantric Meditation, was released by Sounds True. A former swami in the Vedic tradition, Sally has been practicing and teaching for over four decades. Her teachings combine profound knowledge of the texts of yoga and tantra with practical wisdom from contemporary psychology and integral thought.
FIND SALLY KEMPTON
- Why Sally left her spiritual community to teach in the west
- The initiatory nature of our current time on the planet
- The difference between going deep, or staying shallow in one’s spiritual practice
- What to do when you’re ready to go deeper in your practice
- Integrating wisdom from different traditions
- The power of commitment in ones practice
- Why Sally feels prayer is an essential part of a spiritual practice
- The two different kinds of prayer that Sally works with
- Sally also answers Cora’s question, “are the gods & goddesses real?”