ABOUT THE SHOW
Teaching private clients as a yoga teacher is not only a much better financial decision as a yoga teacher, but it also allows you to create deep, fulfilling relationships with your students in a way that teaching group classes can’t. However most of us get a few hours (if that) of instruction on how to teach a great private yoga lesson in our 200 HR YTT.
So if you’re anything like me, and struggled with enjoying, growing and maintaining a private yoga practice, then this episode is for you!
Francesca Cervero literally wrote the book (ok, teacher training) on how to build and grow a thriving private practice as a yoga teacher. Her insights in this episode will teach you how to keep your private clients coming back, the key differences between teaching a great group yoga class, and an excellent private session, what you need to know in your first private client intake session and so much more!
ABOUT FRANCESCA CERVERO
Francesca Cervero has been a full-time yoga teacher since 2005. Her teaching is inspired by her foundational training at OM Yoga Center, the years she spent as a dancer and the subsequent years she spent in physical therapy. Her teaching is also influenced by her love of Buddhist teachings and a constant curiosity about anatomy and biomechanics. She is in private practice teaching a full schedule of 1x1 clients, mentors yoga teachers in The Science of the Private Lesson™and hosts the podcast, The Mentor Sessions: Support & Strategy for Yoga Teachers.
- The biggest mindset shift we need to be great at teaching privates
- The power of word of mouth referrals
- Why teaching privately is a co-creative process
- The incredible power of the student-teacher relationship
- Why you don’t need all the answers to be a great private teacher
- The anatomy of a great private yoga intake session + the exact questions Francesca uses
- The benefits of teaching privately from a teacher's perspective
- Why having clear and strong boundaries with your private clients is crucial + the two most important boundaries every private teacher needs
- What Francesca thinks about “niching down” as a yoga teacher