ABOUT THE SHOW
On today’s show I speak with my good friend, yoga teacher and astrologer - Mark Ashmore. Some of you might remember Mark from episode 0, where he interviewed me, and helped to introduce the show way back in November of last year. Mark and I have known each other for years, and have even led yoga & astrology workshops together. I was really excited to speak with Mark today about one of his passions - vedic astrology.
Jyotish, or vedic astrology traces its origins back to the rig veda and therefore, as Mark points out, speaks the same language as yoga and ayurveda. And while I know a lot of yoga teachers, myself included, while we might be interested in Astrology, we are probably more familiar with western astrology. So, I’m pumped to have Mark on the show to speak about a system that aligns so closely with what we already practice and teach.
- Why mark decided to make the switch from studying western astrology to vedic astrology
- The main differences between western and vedic astrology
- The astrology of 2020 from a vedic perspective
- How to use knowledge of astrology wisely in teaching yoga
- The meaning behind retrogrades
- Tips for aligning business decisions with the astrology of the times