ABOUT THE SHOW
On today's show I speak with Rane Bowen & Jo Stewart of The Flow Artists Podcast. Jo & Rane also operate Garden Of Yoga, and I was really excited to speak with them because I think they have responded to the changes in our industry super quickly and intelligently while retaining their values.
If you haven’t listened to the flow artists podcast before I highly recommend it - Rane & Jo have on really incredible guests, and cover many similar topics like inclusivity, accessibility and diversity.
Jo has been teaching for the last 15 years - and has a strong focus on making her classes accessible, trauma informed and available to those in the community. Rane has been teaching yoga and meditation since 2015, and has a strong interest in where meditation and technology overlap. Before teaching yoga, Rane worked as a web developer - and together, Jo and Rane share some really powerful information about teaching yoga online.
FIND RANE & JO
- How to back yourself when promoting yourself online - and it might not be what you think
- Being engaged with social media without being online everyday
- How to manage expectations & perfectionism before moving forward online
- Why using what you have is the best way to beat tech overwhelm
- Rane & Jo’s tech set up for live stream clases
- Rane & Jo’s tech set up for prerecorded classes
- How to diversify your online offerings and diversify your income
- Why and how to bring your values into what you offer online
- Rane & Jo’s predictions about the future of teaching yoga
- We also nerd out on podcasting a bit too - so if you’re thinking that now is the time to start a podcast - you might be a little more inspired to do so after this episode.
- The pros & cons of live streaming
- The pros & cons of pre-recorded video
- A plethora of different ways to share your content online from facebook to patreon to google drive
- Why you might need to be mindful in teaching for third parties online